If you use your Microsoft Surface Go 3 for work or school, you could use it with a docking station and external monitor. Using an external monitor can provide more screen real estate, and docking stations can offer additional ports for multi-tasking. Professional creative users may also need a monitor with excellent color calibration and accuracy. You might also want an external keyboard or spare pen for note taking. Whether you’re a pro, or just looking to watch Netflix on a bigger screen, our list of the Surface Go 3 accessories has something for everyone.
Let’s start with monitors. Monitors come in a variety of sizes, and span the price spectrum from fairly cheap to incredibly expensive. When choosing an external monitor to use with your new laptop, you should carefully consider your use-case as well as your budget.
If you need to expand your port selection, the aforementioned docking stations and dongles work in tandem with your new monitor. We’ve rounded up the best monitors for 4K performance, creative professionals, and those looking to get the best overall bang for their buck.
- If you want a huge external monitor that isn’t an UltraWide, consider BenQ’s EW3280U. The monitor is beautiful and comes with two USB-C ports that let you daisy-chain two monitors together, along with HDMI and DisplayPort inputs. This monitor also includes a remote so you can switch inputs, change the picture quality, and control the volume without having to reach up to the monitor itself.
- If you like the look of a curved monitor, Sceptre has a nice option here. This monitor features a 2560 x 1080 resolution, which isn’t the highest for a large display, but should work for basic use. You can also use a VESA mount to optimize your desk space and workflow. At under $250, this is solid value for curved screen enthusiasts.
- If you like the look of LG’s 29WP60G-B but want a bigger display, check out this 34 inch option. LG’s 34 inch UltraWide monitor is a great pick if you want a relatively affordable ultrawide display. With a Full HD display and AMD FreeSync, you should be able to make the most of LG’s impressive display. This 34 inch LG monitor is HDR10 ready with Maxx Audio speakers in the bottom bezel.
While the Microsoft Go 3 is best used on the go with a detachable keyboard, you may want to use it with an external monitor. Using an external monitor can provide more screen real estate and docking stations can offer additional ports for multi-tasking. Of course, you’ll need a quality external keyboard to complete your workstation.
When choosing a keyboard for daily use, you’ll want to have both comfort and reliability. There are a range of ergonomic designs, key layouts, and advanced features to consider when shopping for a keyboard. In this list we’ll take a look at the best keyboards to use with your Microsoft Surface Go 3, at a variety of price points.
In addition to external keyboards, we are also including a few alternative replacement detachable keyboards in case you don’t want to use the official Microsoft keyboard cover or want an extra.
While the Surface Go 3 is a great machine, it unfortunately doesn’t come bundled with the Microsoft Surface Go 3 pen. Of course, you can buy the official Surface pen separately from Microsoft or another vendor, but there are plenty of other options to consider. When searching for alternative Surface pens, make sure they support the Microsoft Pen Protocol or MPP. In this article we’ve curated a selection of the best pens to use with your Microsoft Surface Go 3 at any budget.
Some of the key considerations when selecting a new pen are tilt, pressure sensitivity, and battery life. If you do a lot of drawing with your Surface, you’ll want a pen that has accurate tilt and excellent pressure sensitivity. These aspects are key to achieving high precision when sketching or coloring with your pen. For those who do an exceptional amount of writing each day, make sure you get a pen with solid battery life. Several of the pens below are rechargeable, but some of them still take regular AAA batteries. Keep in mind having a rechargeable pen will increase flexibility when traveling. In the case of a rechargeable pen, you can throw a portable charger in your bag and not worry about running out of juice.
- If you want to match your new Surface Go 3 perfectly, the official Microsoft Surface Pen is the way to go. Writes like pen on paper. Surface Pen is a natural writing and drawing tool, with precision ink on one end that now enables tilt and a natural-feeling rubber eraser on the other. Responds to an artists touch. Effortlessly express the finest sketches and lines with Surface Pen. Rest your hand on the screen of your Surface device, just as you would writing on a notebook.
- At under $30, the Tesha Surface pen has just about everything the Microsoft version offers. It features 1024 pressure points is designed for writing, drawing, and notes taking. Instant response, low latency, truly accurate handwriting reproduction. alm rejection technology allows you to rest your hand naturally on the screen while writing, no need wearing anti-friction gloves. Super convenient for kids.
- Ergonomic Design with palm rejection which allows resting your hand comfortably on the screen while working. Equipped with 2 buttons for option on eraser or mouse mode. With the 9.5 mm diameter streamlined tip point, this stylus is sensitive to pressure and tilt for making subtle shadow or creating delicate drawings. It is also multifunctional to use it for the slideshows presentations.
- The Dell Premium Active Pen features flexible, multi-protocol compatibility with select Dell 2-in-1s with a Windows Ink compatible display. Quickly launch OneNote by clicking the top button and write notes (even on a locked screen), capture a screenshot, or activate Cortana. Efficiently erase or launch the context menu with the side buttons. Install Windows Ink Workspace to customize buttons to your needs.
- Elevate your creativity with the improved precision of the HP Tilt Pen. Write, draw, and compute as naturally as ever with true-to-life feel creating a seamless and enjoyable working experience. Activate presentation mode to conveniently move your cursor, flip through slides, and highlight key points of your presentation—without the need for a clicker.
- High Precision & Easy To Use: The high-quality 1.0mm nib provides precise and highly sensitive writing and drawing. No need for Bluetooth or driver, just put the battery in the pen and it will work normally. it automatically turn in Sleep Mode after idle for 5 minutes to save power. Made of durable aluminum alloy. The conductive fiber used in the refill has a damping effect and can protect the screen from scratches; the 80 cm drop-proof design can protect the pen from accidental dropping and enhance durability and safety.
Those are our picks for the best accessories available today for your Microsoft Surface Go 3 tablet. For those that want the full Microsoft Surface experience, the official Surface pen and keyboard cover is of course still your best bet. The LG UltraWide 32 monitor is also a great option for increasing productivity when docking your new Surface Go 3. Let us know in the comments which accessories you use with your new Surface device.
Best Surface Go 3 accessories: Microsoft, Anker, LG, and more